[LargeFormat] Scanning large format transparencies

philip Lambert largeformat@f32.net
Tue Jan 8 19:11:25 2002

I guess 69 transparencies will come out successfully if 4x5 would- if the
scanner copes with one size it will cope with the other,  Having got a
scanned in image is it necessary to process it e.g using Photoshop, or can
it be printed on an inkjet colour printer without further ado?  I am not
discussing digital manipulation of images here, just printing off an
enlarged image from a 'chrome.  As a related thought I can in future get my
exposed 69 'chromes processed  and accompanied by a cd-rom of professional
quality scanned image files, saving me scanning them in . Would these be a
lot of hassle to print? I just can't believe anything to do with computers
won't waste whole evenings.  I like photography but computers give me a pain
somewhere. I guess I'll get round to digital photography when high quality
used digital cameras or backs cost as much as a used monorail but it will be
a difficult learning experience after decades with film and a handheld
meter.  Philip