[LargeFormat] RE: metering

philip Lambert largeformat@f32.net
Sat Jan 5 00:38:13 2002

I bought 2 light meters for seven pounds in camera fairs, both inaccurate
compared with my Gossen meter and Nikon F90X.. One had an adjuster screw on
its underside. The other was held together by tiny screws and inside were
three adjustable components; one  adjusted the readout to the right one.
 Just send the dodgy old Nikon camera to the Nikon representative for a
checkout.  Japanese are very accomplished technically. If I wanted a
reliable Lotus or MG I would buy an MR2 or MX5.  I can't remember buying a
British car,  although quite a lot of foreign ones are built here. Are they
British or immigrants?  We have a few problems of that nature.  I am
comfortable with Fuji or Kodak rollfilm in a Linhof Technika. Philip