[LargeFormat] Gundlach 12" Radar in #5 Betax

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Tue Jan 1 21:54:01 2002

At 8:37 pm -0600 1/1/02, Ken Hough wrote:
>The timing cam on a Betax is continuous between speeds. Those dots
>are just approximations. I looked at my 5s and 3 have 1 sec and 5of them
>have 1/2 sec as the slowest. I met a Wollensak engineer when I was just
>21years old. The 1/2 sec was done so the 1/50 was close.
>Ken

Thanks for that Ken - always learning something from the list. Guess
it was cheaper than redesigning the gear train and/or trying to use
stronger springs.

The shutter has just had a CLA so will check out the timings.