[LargeFormat] transparencies

Wilkes, Don MSER:EX largeformat@f32.net
Mon Dec 31 14:06:00 2001

> in medium format just for fun!.......my jaw drop to the floor
> (I can just
> imagine what 4x5 could do with the right projection
> system!!!).

About 20 years ago, someone I knew had an ancient 'magic lantern' projector
for LF transparencies, which still worked just fine.  One day he came across
a couple of 4x5 Kodachromes (I believe it was only made in that format for a
couple of years), and we fired up the old beast to see what they'd look like
projected.

It was truly jaw-dropping...  We blew them up to the size of a garage door,
and even from one metre away, the detail was exquisite.

I know Adams did a bit of work with the early LF Kodachrome; does anyone
know what size he used?  The mind boggles at the thought of an 8x10!

Cheers,
\dw