[LargeFormat] color transparencies (and philanthropy) formerly HTTP and etc.

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Sat Dec 29 13:44:00 2001

At 8:23 am -0800 29/12/01, Bob Younger wrote:
>snip
>And, as long as we're discussing giving away lenses and etc.....  Clive
>maybe you could open a new thread. There are probably many of us who have
>lenses or other equipment we'd be willing to share (permanently) with
>someone getting started in LF. Many of us I'm sure got started in large
>format through the kindness of strangers (who often became friends). Few of
>us have the capability in the early going to just buy a new LF camera and
>lenses; and often did not have the ability to even pay what the used
>equipment was really worth..... Early on I'd have sold my soul for a fungus
>stained lens that I could rehab (or just use.....) Then again, maybe you
>don't want this list to serve in that role...... Maybe a statement one way
>or the other could serve to either encourage this spate of philanthropy, or
>tell everyone to hike over to some rec.photo newsgroup....

Bob, please feel free to start a thread here on sharing lenses - I'm
sure that there are plenty of people on the list who are starting out
and have other commitments, such as a young family etc that means
they do not have enough  resources available to spend on new LF kit.

You could also post something in the f32 Discussion Forum in the
classifieds section.

Such philanthropy is more than welcome here :-) The driver behind f32
is to develop a community of LF photographers - and of course to
encourage newcomers to discover the delights of LF photography.