[LargeFormat] was: 6x17cm Format on 5x7 Cameras Now: gloves.

Paul and Paula Butzi largeformat@f32.net
Fri Dec 14 15:14:00 2001

> Are these the thin ones that look like they're made from the same
> stuff diving suits are made of?

they look like they're made from polyester fleece, just like the ubiquitous
(at least in the Pacific Northwest) Polarfleec sweaters, jackets, sweatshirts.
There's some sort of membrane in the middle of the fleece that acts as
a barrier to wind - the big disadvantage of fleece is that it's transparent to
wind.

I got mine at REI, the supermarket of outdoor stuff.  Check'em out
at
http://www.rei.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=6328994&prmenbr=8000

I'm a big fan of fleece garments primarily because they still offer warmth
when wet - and in the Specific Northwet of the US, getting wet is
a certainty.

-Paul