[LargeFormat] provia reciprocity

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Wed Dec 12 23:22:01 2001

Bob Younger wrote:

 I've found the
> notion of a "golden hour" a misnomer.
>
> Bob Younger
> San Diego, CA, USA

As an assistant, the "golden hour" was the time between setting the cars
and gear up, having them ready and the time the actual shoot took place.
Since we were usually up at 2:00am for a dawn shot, and would get back
to the studio at 10:00pm home by 11:00, only to be back a 2:00

this "golden hour" was usually spent sleeping  :)

Sweetlight for us was at best 20 minutes although you shot before and after.

One assistant went to finland and on return told us never to get Dave
(the photographer) there because during our busy season, it's pretty
much sweetlight all the time, and he'd run us to death!