[LargeFormat] Leonid Meteor Shower

Pete Caluori largeformat@f32.net
Tue Nov 27 15:10:06 2001

>From: Clive Warren <cocam@cableinet.co.uk>
<snip>
>Pete,
>
>So how did those photos turn out?
>
>Did anyone else set up a camera of any sort, shape or description for
>the meteors?
>
>Still feeling a bit miffed that we didn't even get to see the meteors
>here in the UK.
>
>Cheers,
>        Clive

There were about 50 people viewing the shower and no one had a camera,
including me!  I just didn't think it would be that good!  When I got back
home, I set the 120 camera pointed at the North star.  Suprisingly, I only
captured one meteor trail in a corner of the frame.  Most of the spectacular
tralis I saw earlier, were in the West and South, so perhaps that's why I
didn't catch many, or it was too late.

Regards,  Pete