[LargeFormat] Shutter release for old lense

largeformat@f32.net largeformat@f32.net
Sat Nov 24 15:36:33 2001

Hi all,
I've been in transit for about the last year, moving and settling and such.  I have to say that I really enjoy the list here.  I've learned a lot altho I haven't added much.
After a year of almost inactivity in the large format area and the move, I've built a nice large darkroom complete with running water <g> and am prepared to sally forth into the world again armed with large camera etc. etc.
One of my projects which has been on hold for some time is a Kodak No 2-D, 5x7 camera with a Wollensak Velostigmatic, variable focus lense.  I really want to take some portraits with this lens but can't figure out how to trip a shutter. I say 'a' shutter because there, apparently isn't one.  The aperture leaves do move to a preset value with a lever on the lense.  What puzzles me is that there is also a place for a screw-in shutter release but its got threads on the outside instead of the normal threads on the inside.  Does this take a special gizmo? Or am I relegated to a take-off-the-lens-cap and count situation.  Any insight would be appreciated.
Thanks
Loren