[LargeFormat] Cleaning the interior of bellows

Bob Younger largeformat@f32.net
Mon Nov 19 16:32:24 2001

Your idea works fine. I don't even do the "on end" trick. I use a vacuum
that photocopier repair folks use. One thing I've learned that if you don't
do this in a reasonably dust free place, it just magically gets back in
there. I do it in my darkroom, and use a long tube on the exhaust of the
vacuum to get it out of the room. Not that any dust gets through the vacuum,
but it keeps from stirring up any that might be lying around waiting to move
into the camera's interior. I use the same approach before loading film
holders. Also, it's best to reclean after each major trip or job.
Bob Younger
San Diego, CA

From: "philip Lambert" <philip.lambert@virgin.net>
To: <largeformat@f32.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 20:35:38 -0000
Subject: [LargeFormat] Dust inside the camera

I am thinking of trying to get the dust out of my bellows cameras by
standing them on a tripod with the bellows fully stretched, taking the glass
off both ends, putting the suction pipe of my vacuum cleaner inside and
tapping the bellows to disturb the dust. Hopefully it will migrate.
 Anybody got any better ideas?