[LargeFormat] Korona Field Cameras (was: LF'ing in Paris)

philip Lambert largeformat@f32.net
Sun Nov 11 13:54:01 2001

> Well, compared to a 2x3 Speed Graphic the Korona 4x5 is of course > bigger
and heavier. However, you have back swings, tilts and a  "removable turning"
back - portrait or landscape format and all the
> usual movements on the front. Most of the movements are geared.
> Compared to my usual field 4x5 beast, the MPP 4x5 Technical Camera it
> is certainly lighter.
>> So in terms of a 4x5 wooden field camera it is relatively compact and
versatile with the usual folding bed. I guess I would find it hard to
> leave certain lenses and accessories behind if I had the MPP with me.

> As for the Linhof 69 - I have lusted after one of these for some > time,
just too expensive! I have a lot of fun with an old 2x3 > Miniature Speed
Graphic with a Graflok back that we have discussed
> before.
>
> If I can grab the time will post an image or two of the Korona in the
> f32 Forum.
>
> Cheers,
>         Clive

Thanks for the above. Fascinating. just where do you find such gems.  I am
hoping to try out my Miniature Speed Graphic as a friend is sending me a
couple of rollfilm backs that look as though they might fit.  We'll see.
Cheers
Philip