[LargeFormat] loading

Stein largeformat@f32.net
Sun Nov 4 17:56:25 2001

------=_NextPart_000_003A_01C165C6.FD2561A0

Dear Dave,

     I also load in the field using a changing bag. I used to have one =
that was all cloth and it seemed to deposit more fluff fibres on the =
film than I could cope with so I changed to a plastic one. I blow and =
swab it out regularly and it has reduced the problem.=20

    I also found that simply holding the film by the two long edges and =
tapping it on a hard surface inside the changing bag seems to cause any =
adherant particles the drop off and not go into the holder.

     As for film storage - well save the flat boxes the film comes in =
and put a sticky label on the front. Then you can put the exposed film =
in there in the change bag and IMMEDIATELY write on the front that it is =
indeed exposed. Also lets you keep the jobs separate for any =
developmental changes that you might do. It is not good to let loose =
films slide around on each other in there if you are on a long car =
journey, so you need to put them back in beweeen the cardboard =
separators or into the little foil bag to stabilize them. Other than =
that, remember that film boxes can fly open so rubber band them shut =
till you are back in the darkroom.

    And, yes, I did expose one set of portraits over another set of =
sitters recently when I placed a used holder back into the unused =
supply. My explanation that it was high art was not received well.....

     Uncle Dick

------=_NextPart_000_003A_01C165C6.FD2561A0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Dear Dave,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I also load in =
the field=20
using a changing bag. I used to have one that was all cloth and it =
seemed to=20
deposit more fluff fibres on the film than&nbsp;I could cope with so I =
changed=20
to a plastic one. I blow and swab it out regularly and it has reduced =
the=20
problem. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I also found that =
simply holding=20
the film by the two long edges and tapping it on a hard surface inside =
the=20
changing bag seems to cause any adherant particles the drop off and not =
go into=20
the holder.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; As for film =
storage - well=20
save the flat boxes the film comes in and put a sticky label on the =
front. Then=20
you can put the exposed film in there in the change bag and IMMEDIATELY =
write on=20
the front that it is indeed exposed. Also lets you keep the jobs =
separate for=20
any developmental changes that you might do. It is not good to let loose =
films=20
slide around on each other in there if you are on a long car journey, so =
you=20
need to put them back in beweeen the cardboard separators or into the =
little=20
foil bag to stabilize them. Other than that, remember that film boxes =
can fly=20
open so&nbsp;rubber band them shut till you are back in the=20
darkroom.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; And, yes, I did =
expose one set=20
of portraits over another set of sitters recently when I placed a used =
holder=20
back into the unused supply. My explanation that it was high art was not =

received well.....</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Uncle=20
Dick</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_003A_01C165C6.FD2561A0--