[LargeFormat] MF + movements

philip Lambert largeformat@f32.net
Mon Sep 3 14:10:01 2001

Hi Les, what's  the longest lens you can fit to a 2x3 Pacemaker?  Philip
----- Original Message -----
From: "Les Newcomer" <lnphoto@ismi.net>
To: <largeformat@f32.net>
Sent: Monday, September 03, 2001 3:19 AM
Subject: Re: [LargeFormat] MF + movements

> My 65 Super Angulon fits my Pacemaker 2x3 without a problem, right
> through the front standard with room to spare.  This is the f8 SA not
> the the 5.6
>
> Les
>
> Frantisek Vlcek wrote:
> >
> > pL> The old 65mm covers 6x9 but movements give soft corners to the image
(if
> > pL> that matters to you) and if you multiply 65 by 0.43 you get the 35mm
> > pL> equivalent of 28mm.which is quite wide.  Super Angulons cost double
round
> > pL> here; I thought it an improvement but Super Angulons are twice the
size as
> > pL> well. Philip
> >
> > Hi Philip,
> > 1) I enlarge B&W myself mostly up to 30x40cm (11x15.5") which is pretty
small for medium format, but I plan to upgrade to 50x60cm (20x24") when I
get to building the vertical slots developing "processor" (ala Nova). So at
these magnifications (5x and 8.5x), I guess it would be still acceptably
sharp for me even with movements.
> >  Super-Ang. are more like triple expensive here than plain angulongs
( but that's what Ebay's for :)
> > Twice the size - you mean it propably won't fit in the small lensboard?
> >
> > 2) 6x9 holders - I thought a good and cheap source of 6x9 would be
Mamiya holders for Press and Super 23 until I learned that they are not
"international" or "graflok" type, they fit only Mamiya. What is the common
price of older, cheaper 6x9 holders on Ebay or elsewhere, please?