Re[2]: [LargeFormat] MF + movements

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Fri Aug 31 13:55:21 2001

At 15:39 30/08/01 +0100, philip Lambert wrote:
>Clive  Very interesting.  I wish I could find a Miniature Speed Graphic. Is
>it safe to buy on Ebay? Philip
> > You may like to consider the 2x3 Crown Graphic which, similar to the
> > Century, will allow the use of shorter focal lengths.  There is also the
> > Miniature Speed Graphic dating from the 30's which is actually rather a
> > nice camera.  I have both Crown and Miniature and use the Miniature in
> > preference. Probably because the mechanics of the camera are rather
> > appealing and it has an Art Deco look and feel about it......  There was a
> > 'factory' upgrade kit available for the Miniature to convert it to a
> > Graflok style back, so some of these upgraded cameras are very usable
> > indeed.  Like the Speed Graphic, the Miniature will not allow use of the
> > shorter focal lengths.
> >
> > Cheers,   Clive

Now that's a leading question Philip :-)  You are more likely to find one
on EBay but as always it's caveat emptor - let the buyer beware.  I have
had good deals from EBay in the past and some real disappointments. Given
that most sellers will be from the US for the Speed Graphics, the cost of
returning items is high and then you may be subject to customs charges
which are difficult to claim back if an item is returned.

EBay is relatively safe in that you will probably receive something -
sometimes it is not what you expect!

Cheers, Clive.