[LargeFormat] Rodenstock Web Site?

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Thu Jul 19 12:26:00 2001

> At 11:48 17/07/01 -0500, Pam Niedermayer wrote:
> >If we meet up, I'll let you play with a Dallmeyer Adon Variable
> >Telephoto Lens.
>
> The Dallmeyer sounds a clever device - vaguely remember seeing one of these
> on Ebay a while back.  Would be very interested to hear how it performs -
> how about a digital snap of the beast for the "Equipment" topic in the f32
> Forum?  Thanks for the kind offer to let me play with one of your new toys
> ;-)   What is the range of focal lengths?
_

Clive,

I have what I expect to be a similar item-- a tele Dagor. This is
nothing more than a 6" Dagor is mounted in front of a tube that has a
negative element in side, as you move the element closer to the rear of
the dagor the image is dispersed over a greater area and therefore has
the same effect as a longer lens. The range is 3-8x but useable range is
4-7x since the 3x doesn't cover 4x5 and the 8 stop loss at the other end
leaves me a bit thin. But it's small-- 2.5" dia sector shutter and about
6" long.  A frend of mine has a Tele Protar fwith a 3-8x tube on a 12"
protar.  I still haven't seen the results of a 96" lens that can cover
more than 8x10

Les