[LargeFormat] Rodenstock Web Site?

Pam Niedermayer largeformat@f32.net
Tue Jul 17 12:50:01 2001

If we meet up, I'll let you play with a Dallmeyer Adon Variable
Telephoto Lens. Steve Grimes just made adapter rings for both of mine
(OK, got a little carried away here), mounted one in a Polaroid Copal
1 (they'll both work in this now), now have to make a new lens board.
If the optical quality is there, certainly solves all telephoto
problems for 4x5 and 8x10, including short bellows.

I don't know a lot about Big Bend itself, our planned trip there this
past spring was cancelled due to a client emergency; but the web site
is at http://www.nps.gov/bibe/home.htm. The surrounding area north and
south of the border (Rio Grande) is sparsely populated, will give us
an excuse to revisit Mexico. We travelled through there 23 years ago
on motorcycle, but I was only beginning to learn landscape photography
then with a 35mm system, should be quite a large format challenge for
me. In some ways the Chihuahua desert is very different from the
Sonora, more wild flowers, somewhat more scrub, lots fewer visitors.

Pam

--
Pamela G. Niedermayer
Pinehill Softworks Inc.