[LargeFormat] Light leaks

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Fri Jun 22 09:12:04 2001

Get a nightlight on an extension cord, or a mini maglight with the head off.

Take the camera into a darkened room,  enxtend the bellows to a
reaonsable length and put the flashlight inside, looking at the corners
from the outside.

The minimag will fit into the corners better than a nightlight, but both
will work, and don't forget to look at the bottom corners  as well.

I once had a friend that borrowed a camera from school. It had a pinhole
in the bellows when at the right position, would make a 'ghostly' double
image on the film.  Had him really freaked out for a while!

Les