[LargeFormat] Enlargers......

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Thu May 3 05:50:02 2001

At 07:00 02/05/01 +0800, Stein wrote:
>Dear Don and Clive,
>
>      You're right - I was looking at the newer and smaller models. The
>Lancaster I know very well - we have an excellent example of one at the RAAF
>museum in Bull Creek where I live. It sat for years at the Perth airport
>suffering the weather and the sun but has been taken in hand and is
>gradually being restored to pristine, but not flyable, condition. Other
>museums have tried to buy it away from us but so far the local association
>has resisted the temptation.
>
>     Uncle Dick

Uncle Dick,

Great to hear that you have a piece of flying history in Perth (is Bull
Creek near Perth?). The engines for the Lancs that are still flying are
serviced at Rolls Royce near my office in Bristol.  I have been known to
rush out of the office and gaze skywards as the roar of four Merlin engines
on full chat throbs musically in my head.  Guess there is no cure for me.

In a vain attempt to keep this on topic - the Lanc is a large format
aircraft, definitely containing some wood and glass and probably an
interesting large format camera when it was in service......