[LargeFormat] Planning Advice

Hornford, Dave largeformat@f32.net
Tue Apr 3 13:46:12 2001

Thanks Pam,

I read the Toho review on Kerry's Site (it looks like it has been moved to
http://largeformat.terrashare.com/)

I'm 36, and expect a Wisner to last - however last summer in the Rockies I
was rained on for 3 days before the rain turned to snow. Close to everything
I had was wet, and then frozen. Once, I slipped crossing streams and dropped
my pack into the stream. Despite my best efforts I expect anything I take
backpacking to be 'ridden hard and put away wet'.

I came across a British firm that made LF gear with PVC bodies - but I can't
recall their name.

I'll have a closer look at the Phillips and Canhams. (Is Ted involved in
making them, or your friend who has one?)

Dave