[LargeFormat] Seeking info: B&J No 3a Rexo

Guy Glorieux largeformat@f32.net
Wed Mar 14 13:54:07 2001

--------------9A88E1FCC5865EBDD4E1CFB2

Don,

Try ISO 6 as a starting point.  This is what I use in my pinhole photography
and it gives generally good results.

But if you want to test the lightproofness of your bellows, you might as well
leave it much longer, and rotate it in the sun, sometimes you get leaks to come
up unexpectedly this way.  And, oh!  Don't forget to put a pencil mark on the
paper to remember which side is up or down, left or right.  It'll save you
having to redo the test if you have a light leak, as I had to do myself on
another camera...

Guy Glorieux

Don Wilkes wrote:

> At 04:13 PM 3/13/01 -0800, Les Newcomer wrote:
> >I'll bet its 122.  I've got a 122 camera (HUGE kodak folder) and the
> >bellows look like their 3.5" wide.  Dick Haviland sells odd size film
> >Ijust can't remember the name of his website. Classic Film? or something
>
> Do you mean http://www.filmforclassics.com/ ?  I've popped over there, and
> they do spool 122 (and 612), but there are no details on just what that is.
>  Searching on the internet is sort of entertaining, if frustrating, when
> you're looking for a number, like "122".  All kinds of weird and wonderful
> things float by...  But, I'll figure this out eventually, I guess :}
>
> The folder Bob has *is* pretty huge, by folder standards.  I'm going to
> stuff some enlarging paper in it to test for light leaks and such.  Anyone
> out there have a vague starting point for exposure in sunlight?  I'll be
> using Ilford RC multigrade.

--------------9A88E1FCC5865EBDD4E1CFB2

Don,
photography and it gives generally good results.
as well leave it much longer, and rotate it in the sun, sometimes you get
leaks to come up unexpectedly this way.&nbsp; And, oh!&nbsp; Don't forget
to put a pencil mark on the paper to remember which side is up or down,
left or right.&nbsp; It'll save you having to redo the test if you have
a light leak, as I had to do myself on another camera...
and the
film
?&nbsp; I've popped over there, and
that is.