[LargeFormat] quiet, projects, magnola

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Wed Feb 21 23:20:34 2001

At 7:07 pm -0500 21/2/01, Guy Glorieux wrote:
>Frantisek wrote:
>
>>  Now, I (because I am sad for not getting the Magnola earlier) am trying to
>  > make an 18x24cm wideangle pinhole from some cardboard or plastic.

snip

>>  I want to be able to put 18x24cm paper & film into it, so I need
>>to get some cheap
>>  18x24cm holders...
>
>Eventually, you may find that you don't want to be constrained by
>the flat holders and
>you start dreaming of new ways of inflicting curves and twists to
>your paper of
>film...  (Clive, I guess I'm going to be blasted for talking this
>way on this list)
snip

>Cheers
>
>Guy Glorieux
>http://www3.sympatico.ca/guy.glorieux/

Ah, pinhole cameras.....  You may like to check out Justin Quinnell's
web site. Another chap who lives in Bristol, England who has made
some very strange and wonderful cameras. The largest that I have seen
is made from a "wheelie bin" with a piece of black tape over the
pinhole as a shutter.

The very large format images taken using the wheelie camera are in
the Royal Photographic Society Galleries in Bath, along with the
camera!

Some of the more esoteric photographs that Justin has taken were from
the inside of his mouth, also using a pinhole camera!

Check out http://www.jquinnell.fsnet.co.uk full instructions there on
how to make your own wheelie bin camera.  Justin gave me a set of the
instructions at a party but luckily I drank too much and forgot about
the project...... until now :-)

Carry on Guy - twist that film around ;-)

--
All the best,

             Clive Warren   http://www.f32.net
                            Large Format travel and stock photography