[LargeFormat] deGroff Air-Way Shutter Releases

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Sun Jan 21 16:44:31 2001

A few very useful items popped through the post box a couple of days ago and
gave me a good excuse to try out a new (to me) digital camera - an Olymus
C2000Z.

I have been battling with old shutter release cables for some time when using
Betax shutters and Ilex Commercial Ektar shutters. Some of you may know that
they have a now unusual threaded attachment point for cable releases.

The useful items are deGroff air-way shutter releases. These are
cylindrical devices which screw on to the shutter cable attachment
point and are operated by an air bulb. By pure chance they are
exactly what I had been looking for and will make life a lot easier
when using the unsynched shutters with studio flash.

I have posted some images on the f32 Discussion Forum at the following URL:

http://www.f32.net/cgi-local/discus/show.cgi?59/60

The shutter releases are very well made from high grade alloy and
these examples work perfectly. They were an unexpected inclusion with
some other kit recently purchased from the USA.

Now I know that they exist a couple more would be very useful :-) So,
if you have any of these beasts lurking unused then please let me
know.
--
All the best,

             Clive Warren   http://www.f32.net
                            Large Format travel and stock photography