[LargeFormat] technika

philip Lambert largeformat@f32.net
Tue Jan 9 14:12:08 2001

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C07A45.44530F00

If your Technika is like mine you can drop the front of the baseboard =
out of view by pressing the side arms down slightly to unclick them =
whilst pressing the front of the track down. This results in drop  =
front; you will have to tilt the lens back parallel to the film plane =
and wind the rising front up to suit.  I have seen a 90mm recessed lens =
panel for Linhof 5x4 but they are rare. I make my own out of fretwork =
but they aren't as deep as the real thing and some thought has to be =
given to accessing the cable release socket. On Scheimplug you might try =
Stroebel who wrote textbooks on large format use.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Dave Southwood=20
  To: largeformat@f32.net=20
  Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2001 12:03 PM
  Subject: [LargeFormat] technika

  i have a linhof technika with a 135mm F3.5 linhof lens. i want to =
mount my 90mm schneider angulon on a board - am i likely to have =
problems with the rail entering the view of the lens. i am going to have =
the lens - board machined, should it be recessed? i also seek advice on =
movements, specifically on the scheimpflug rule and its application. can =
anyone direct me to a comprehensive text/and or site? thanks

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C07A45.44530F00

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>If your Technika is like mine you can =
drop the=20
front of the baseboard out of view by pressing the side arms down =
slightly to=20
unclick them whilst pressing the front of the track down. This results =
in=20
drop&nbsp; front; you will have to&nbsp;tilt the lens back parallel to =
the film=20
plane and wind the rising front up to suit.&nbsp; I have seen a 90mm =
recessed=20
lens panel for Linhof 5x4 but they are rare. I make my own out of =
fretwork but=20
they aren't as deep as the real thing and some thought has to be given =
to=20
accessing the cable release socket. On Scheimplug you might try Stroebel =
who=20
wrote textbooks on large format use.</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A href=3D"mailto:lava@mweb.co.za" title=3Dlava@mweb.co.za>Dave =
Southwood</A>=20
  </DIV>
href=3D"mailto:largeformat@f32.net"=20
  title=3Dlargeformat@f32.net>largeformat@f32.net</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, January 09, 2001 =
12:03=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> [LargeFormat] =
technika</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2>i have a linhof technika with a 135mm F3.5 linhof =
lens. i=20
  want to mount my 90mm schneider angulon on a board - am i likely to =
have=20
  problems with the rail entering the view of the lens. i am going to =
have the=20
  lens - board machined, should it be recessed? i also seek advice on =
movements,=20
  specifically on the scheimpflug rule and its application. can anyone =
direct me=20
  to a comprehensive text/and or site?=20
thanks</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C07A45.44530F00--