[LargeFormat] Enlargers and Glass Neg Holders

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Wed Dec 6 12:46:03 2000

Have recently picked up a set of 5x7 glass neg. holders for a Durst 138S
and am hoping these will do the job of holding 5x7 negs a little better
than my old 5x7 cardboard carrier inserts.  Ideally it would have been good
to find a set of metal carriers for the neg. holder - am still looking......

Having avoided the use of glass carriers for a long time, does anyone have
any tips on using them?  The problems I used to get involved mainly dust
and the constant battle against it being part of my prints :-)  Have
managed to avoid using glass neg. holders ever since.  The Durst glass neg
holders are a pair - the top one is anti-Newton glass.

Any suggestions from seasoned glass users welcome.

All the best,
                 Clive   http://www.f32.net
                         Large Format Travel and Stock Photography