[Jacob-list] Sheep feeds and mineral mixes in Michigan?

Paintedrockfarm at aol.com Paintedrockfarm at aol.com
Sat Aug 19 10:42:07 EDT 2006

Linda,

We have access to a specific sheep mineral made by Buckeye Feeds, which is
located in Ohio.  I'm not certain about Tractor Supply carrying that
particular brand because I think Buckeye leans towards supplying locally owned
farm/feed stores. I could be wrong there but I've never seen Buckeye in one of  the
"major" supply chains.

Buckeye has a great loose mineral formulation created for sheep (and one  for
goats but they are different mixes).  We do not utilize block minerals
because we feel it wears down teeth quickly.  Most block mineral in  our area has a
large molasses base, which makes the sheep practically camp out  around the
block eating it to the ground within hours.  This doesn't take  long with a ewe
flock close to 50 still!  We feel loose mineral works best  within our flock,
especially with our older girls.

Good luck in your search!
Cheryl