[Jacob-list] Feeding loose mineral mix

stonecroft235 at juno.com stonecroft235 at juno.com
Sun Jul 20 18:12:28 EDT 2003

I have been feeding a loose mineral mix to my sheep in a rubber pan which
I have in the center of an old rubber tire inside the barn.  It works
fairly well - the tire is supposed to keep the sheep from dumping the
mineral out of the pan and having it indoors keeps it from the elements.
However, my system is not perfect and it does get dumped, pooped in,
urinated in, etc.    I was wondering how the rest of you feed a loose
mineral mix to your sheep -- we are small, so I don't need something for
hundreds of sheep - I need something that would work for 2 dozen sheep.
Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Sue Martin
Stonecroft
Lititz, PA