[Jacob-list] Aggressiveness and wethers....

Mary Ellen Hansson mhansson1 at triad.rr.com
Sat Jul 12 07:45:12 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I can tell you that putting babysitter wethers with rams will turn them
into much more aggressive animals than if the same wethers (wethered
early in life before behaviors begin) were left with the ewe flock and
never exposed to the rams.  Of course, you have the season to get
through when ewes and rams are together and the wether must be removed.
After a few wether babysitters around here and other farms were
observed, I concluded it was much easier keeping at least 2 rams for
each other than feeding a useless wether.

Mary Ellen Hansson
ISeeSpots Farm www.iseespots.com
Jacob Sheep, Fiber, Spinning equipment,
Books, Patterns, Knitting/Crochet/Tatting