[Jacob-list] Question, wobbly lamb

Robvcas at aol.com Robvcas at aol.com
Fri Jun 21 20:56:47 EDT 2002

`Jacobs are susceptable to a few genetic diseases, and they seem to occur in
4 horn lambs more often.  I've never seen it, but there is something called
lysomal storage disease thats a genetic , progressive spinal cord problem.
This year, for the first time, I have a ram lamb with condylar displasia, but
that causes clumsiness in the front end.  Boy is it strange to see !  The
lambs neck and head seem to be put on crooked !  Even his 4 horns point to
the right.  He is growing as fast as his twin ram lamb, tho, so he seems
other wise healthy.   (we'll see if he's just as tasty as lambs with their
heads screwed on straight)   I think Peter Spellmeyer has posted info on
these weird skeletal disorders in the past.Good luck,  Robin Casasanto