[Jacob-list] Re: FSA Ram & Facilities Rebates

BIDEWEE at aol.com BIDEWEE at aol.com
Tue Nov 28 14:03:20 EST 2000

Robin C. - if you haven't already called to check on your facilities payment
you might want to.  I took our ram/facilities rebate application in on the
deadline, Friday 10/13 and they disbursed funds on the ram portion the
following Monday.  I hadn't received anything on the facilities portion by
the end of Oct so I e-mailed them.  They sent a note back saying they had
somehow 'missed' the facilities portion when the ram payment was made and
they disbursed funds the next day.

Just in case anyone needs details and the web site for the new wool payment
program - here info from the Oregon Sheep Growers Assoc. newsletter...
Farmers who produced and sheared wool and/or mohair in 1999 may be eligible
for a new USDA payment program.  Sign up for the new program began October
10, 2000 and ends December 29, 2000.  Applications are available from Farm
Service Agency (FSA) county offices and over the Internet at:
 www.fsa.usda.gov/dafp/psd/

This program was approved earlier this year as part of the Agricultural Risk
Protection Act 2000.  Approximately $11 million was allocated for wool and
mohair payments.  The payment rate is 20 cents per pound for wool and 40
cents per pound for mohair.  For more information about this new program call
or visit your nearest FSA County Office or visit the FSA website at:
 www.fsa.usda.gov

Karen L.

bide a wee farm ~ registered Jacob & Navajo-Churro sheep
bideawee at iname.com / www.bideaweefarm.com
19562 NE Calkins Lane ~ Newberg, OR  97132 ~ (503) 538-7987