[Jacob-list] fiber things

Heather Hettick hettick.1 at osu.edu
Wed Nov 22 11:06:43 EST 2000

I'm spinning the white from Spahr Farm Kimberly and plan to dye it to make
machine knitted hats for Christmas presents - my first experiment with two
color knitting on the machine.  I'm also spinning her black to ply with Taco
the llama's wool for a crocheted cardigan sweater I've been working on for
myself.  I just bought a beautiful black BL lambs fleece from a local friend
and my husband doesn't understand why I would possibly need more wool, but
it's fun to work with a different kind of wool sometimes, and we exchange
sheep contacts - like word of mouth advertising.  I'm also trying to warp a
little loom with some of the Jacob wool pool yarn that I have to make a
little fleece rug, but I am not finding it very  enjoyable at this point -
maybe when I get to the actual weaving part.

and Mary:

Last year I crocheted a rug, a hat and a potholder with  unspun roving and a
large crochet hook.  I felted all the items.  The rug got second place in
our county fair this year  and is very soft and useful as our bathroom rug.
The hat that I made for my husband is extremely warm and soft so I actually
use it more than he does on cold winter mornings feeding the sheep.

Heather Hettick
Moonstruck Jacob Sheep
Creston, OH
hettick.1 at osu.edu