[Jacob-list] Sheep Tales

Jim Spahr spahrfarm at dragonbbs.com
Mon Nov 20 11:21:06 EST 2000

Linda & all,

We need to have Patrice put all these funny stories into a comic strip (call it Sheep Tales) for the newsletter!  What a funny story about the ewe riding in the wheelbarrow eating her hay!  I still laugh when I remember your story about the squirt gun you carry for protection against your ram, and someone coming to your house and seeing you with it strapped around your waist in a plastic holster.  Do I have that story right?  Could you tell it again?
The Miami Valley Weavers' Guild Show that we attended last Sat. was fun.  We sold a Jacob lamb pelt and traded another one for a cherry bench.  We sold Jacob roving in brindle (black, grey, white stripe), which is usually our best-selling roving, Jacob over-dyed green, Horned Dorset roving, and brown llama roving.  Our large Horned Dorset felting batt sold, some pima cotton Xmas angels, and a handspun Jacob hooded scarf.  I spent only $5 this time on some mohair locks dyed in purples and blues - had to resist the temptation of buying hand-dyed silk and alpaca!
I have already been wearing my Jacob socks as it is getting cold here in Ohio.  The wind is blowing hard today and there is a light covering of snow on the ground.  The sheep did not even want to leave the barn to go out into the pasture this morning.  Time to get the Jacob scarves out of the cedar chest!
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

                                                                                         Mary Spahr