[Jacob-list] range of Jacobs in North America

Robvcas at aol.com Robvcas at aol.com
Sat Nov 18 21:43:57 EST 2000

Does anyone know if there are Jacobs in Mexico ?  I've been thinking of the
differences between what we call "the American Jacob",  (which is really the
North American Jacob to include Canada), and the English (European) Jacobs.
The original Canadian and American imports have spread widely across the
continent judging by this list and the breed registries, and I wonder just
how far they've gone.  Its interesting to me that there is still such a
difference in Jacob style between here and "across the pond"  I know efforts
are being made by some  breeders to maintain early import strains, but I
wonder if there will eventually be a blended style with less variation from
animal to animal as we buy and sell sheep across the continent.  As purebred
Jacobs become more easily available, it seems there would  also be less
outcrossing to other breeds, resulting in a more common style.   Just some
idle musings to bring some noise to this quiet list !  Robin Casasanto