[flow-tools] flow-filter feture patch

Cougar cougar@random.ee
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 21:04:37 +0300 (EEST)

Hi,

I had a such problem to solve. I have network AAA and need to get all
traffic from or to this network. With current flow-filter it is possible
to get only

a) traffic from AAA (-S AAA)
b) traffic to AAA (-D AAA)
c) traffic from AAA to AAA ("-S AAA -D AAA" or "filter -S AAA | filter -D AAA")

There was no way to get traffic "from AAA _or_ to AAA". For that I added
new command line option -o (OR). This means that flow entry passes filter
immediately after first match. Using syntax "-o -S AAA -D AAA" does in
this case just what I need.

Extended filter can solve this problem too but as long the support of this
doesn't exist, I think this patch could help people.

The patch itself is here:

http://www.version6.net/patches/flow-filter-0.56-20020416.patch

---
Cougar