[flow-tools] problem: src as is 0

Annie Tong annie.tong@wcom.com
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 09:46:34 -0700

Hi Olav,

 From the flow-tool doc under the section flow-capture, it stated that
the Cisco's Netflow exports represent the local AS as 0 instead of the
real value.  To replace the 0, you can use the option -A
AS0_substitution when using flow-capture.  It'll replace the 0 with your
configured AS0_substitution.  However, it also stated that under certain
configurations, AS 0 represents a cache miss or non forwarded traffic,
so we've to use the option with caution.

Annie Tong
MAE Engineering
MCI WorldCom