Time magazine article

Jim Strong strongjim@yahoo.com
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 13:02:02 -0800 (PST)

It seems pretty clear that oil (energy) and drugs are
two of the primary fuels for the Global Economic
Engine. Political structures, it seems to me, pay
their obesiance to tose interests every day,
regardless of orientation (from Air America/CIA in
late 60s - early 70s in the Nam to FARC currently in
Columbia).
It all seems like a re-run of Gabriel Marqueza's "100
Years of Solitude". Peasants beating out the little
goldfish, politicans meandering down Desolation Row,
newly rearmed spooks skulking in the Shadows and the
Chili Empire doing its Duty to vanquish the "Evil
Ones" while the Cirle of Seven sits wheezing on life
support systems in Barad-dur, peering into their
Palintirs of Profit.
At such times it is comforting to me to just pick up
"Touch the Earth" and bypass the bullshit. They had it
right - the white man is crazy ...
Everybody just needs to sit on the ground with their
back against a very LARGE pine tree for at least three
hours a day until further notice ..
But the article was comprehensive and made some known
but worth reiterating points, Michael.
Billy Jim

--- Connie Clark <connie_3c@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Michael Eisenstadt <michaele@ando.pair.com>
> wrote:
>
> > this is an outstanding overview
> >

> thanks Mike.  I've been web surfing for information
> on
> the several countries in Central Asia, finding that
> they seem to have groups battling each other,
> usually
> over oil rich territory. Azerbijian, for instance.
> Somewhere I heard that the divying up of countries
> by
> Stalin created the basic tribal type wars, in that
> he
> cordoned off borders of two cultural/religious
> groups,
> to keep them busy with each other, and out of his
> way.
>
> So what does this have to do with Al-qaeida? I guess
> that it could offer inroads for terrorist
> organization.
>
> CC

> Check out Yahoo! Shopping and Yahoo! Auctions for
> all of
> your unique holiday gifts! Buy at
> http://shopping.yahoo.com
> or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com

=====
The peace of the cosmos is infinite motion