US Army Study: Mossad Might Frame Arabs

Roger Baker rcbaker@eden.infohwy.com
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 00:58:43 -0800

--Apple-Mail-1--138046999

On Wednesday, December 12, 2001, at 06:07 PM, Wayne Johnson wrote:

> Well, this is certainly interesting, but I am not sure what value it=20=

> brings to The List's understanding of the

> tension in the Middle East.=A0 The Mossad is no more "ruthless" than =
most=20
> other secret police organizations, including our own.=A0
> =A0
> Personally, I am ALWAYS suspicious of articles, regardless of source,=20=

> which smell subtlely of anti-Israeli/Jewish bias.=A0
> =A0
> Wayne

This article may not be important to this list, but it does seem to be =
an
accurate portrayal of a point of view held by the Army School of=20
Military Studies
as reported in a rather conservative Washington paper.

Rather than being suspicious of articles that reveal that the US=20
military does not
always support your own point of view, wouldn't it be be better to aim=20=

your criticism
at the US Army for saying this stuff?

Your theory might possibly be that the enemies of MOSSAD (the Israeli's=20=

analog
of the CIA) have gotten their agents into the US Army's think tank where=20=

they are
undermining the truth by calling MOSSAD ruthless and cunning, while they=20=

also
call the Palestinian youth out of control (but aren't they out of=20
control?)

Me? I tend to think the US Army got caught red-handed telling the truth=20=

about the
reality of potential US involvement, even when the truth does not=20
exactly match
the standardized version of reality presented on the evening news. --=20
Roger

"...But a 68-page paper by the Army School of Advanced Military Studies=20=

(SAMS)
does provide a look at the daunting task any international peacekeeping=20=

force would
face if the United Nations authorized it, and Israel and the=20
Palestinians ever reached
a peace agreement. Located at Fort Leavenworth, Kan., the School for=20
Advanced Military
Studies is both a training ground and a think tank for some of the=20
Army's brightest officers...

Of the MOSSAD, the Israeli intelligence service, the SAMS officers say:=20=

"Wildcard.
Ruthless and cunning. Has capability to target U.S. forces and make it=20=

look like a
Palestinian/Arab act." On the Palestinian side, the paper describes=20
their youth as
"loose cannons; under no control, sometimes violent." The study lists=20
five Arab terrorist
groups that could target American troops for assassination and=20
hostage-taking. The
study recommends "neutrality in word and deed" as one way to protect=20
U.S. soldiers
from any attack. It also says Syria, Egypt and Jordan must be warned "we=20=

will act
decisively in response to external attack."..."

--Apple-Mail-1--138046999