Those darned Taliban

Roger Baker rcbaker@eden.infohwy.com
Fri, 7 Dec 2001 20:54:21 -0800

--Apple-Mail-3--584709331

Now I ask you. Why won't those pesky Taliban stand up and fight like men?
But they only scurry away instead of surrendering like they promised to
do.
Makes me feel like getting really mad or something.

-- Roger

http://www.guardian.co.uk/afghanistan/story/0,1284,615461,00.html

...This was vividly demonstrated during the surrender of Kandahar. Hours
after the deal
was agreed foreign forces slipped out of the city, to the fury of Hamid
Karzai, who brokered
the deal, and US forces camped outside the city. "The Taliban ran away
with their weapons,"
he said. "Basically they have just run away. The leaders and the
soldiers - they have all run
away from the city."...It was unclear however what would happen to
Mullah Omar next. Khaled
  Pashtun, spokesman for the anti-Taliban warlord Ghul Agha who controls
part of southern
Afghanistan, told Channel 4 news that he was in a "friendly environment"
and would not be
arrested unless the new Afghan government expressly demanded it. That
will depend on
whether or not the government is prepared to do the Pentagon's bidding...

--Apple-Mail-3--584709331

[...]

bidding... </fontfamily>
--Apple-Mail-3--584709331--