Is Roger chicken shit?camels?

Jim Strong strongjim@yahoo.com
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 18:55:30 -0800 (PST)

I thank you Fordster, and I have since been told that
both Mike (whom I hadn't met) and Roger (whom I had
Way Back When at the G) actually exist quite well
together - if somewhat acerbically from time to time.
And I can, after all, always ask Efraim Halevy to send
the Metsada crew at ha-Mossad le-Modi'in ve-Tafkidim
Meyuhadim over for a corrective interview with Michael
... jess kiddin of course, Michael seems like an
all-right guy to me.
As for the camels, "long may they run," to paraphrase
Neil Young. One man's camel dung is, after all,
another man's desert diamond ... just remember to
shake with the right among the Bedoui, Jon.
Finally, always remember this bit of Scots wisdom -
"It's hard werk takin' the breeks off a hielan' man."
Good to see you alive and still Pontificating oh Droll
One. I hear you are out in California now?
Billy Jim
----------

--- Jon Ford <jonmfordster@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hey, strong-o, what's wrong with a little camel
> information? I don't
> consider myself ranting on that score-- just kidding
> around and spreading a
> little ordure! Check your irony-meter. However, I
> agree with what you say
> about the Mike/Roger exchange. These guys have been
> at it forever, and Mike
> is clearly using a cattle-prod approach to get Roger
> to say something
> anti-semitic so he can sit back and say "I told you
> so--Roger is a secret
> Nazi" and dismiss his every utterance from here on
> out. The right tried that
> with Noam Chomsky, with limited success, but this is
> supposed to be a more
> friendly sort of forum. Maybe not. As for you,
> Jim-Bill, I caution you about
> criticizing Mike  too heavily-- the last guy who
> tried that got kicked off
> the list by the "master," despite a vote that went 3
> to 1 against his
> unilateral decision.
>
> Jon
>

> >From: Jim Strong <strongjim@yahoo.com>
> >To: frances_morey@excite.com, Michael Eisenstadt
> <michaele@ando.pair.com>,
> >austin-ghetto-list@pairlist.net
> >Subject: Re: Is Roger chicken shit?
> >Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 05:38:24 -0800 (PST)
> >
> >Hokay! This exchange between Mike and Roger is
> becomin
> >lively (that's fine) and taking on overtones of the
> >blathering rhetoric (not fine) that posturing,
> >bellicose guv-mints engage in before they swing a
> few
> >at each other.
> >Mike - the Hamas (and others of similar bent)have
> >about as much chance of taking out Israel as the
> >Austin High football team has of routing the
> Oakland
> >Raiders. Better to toss your favorite toy poodle in
> >with a pack of pit bulls and hope for victory.

> >Roger - when your historical memory includes the
> >systematized round up and killing and gassing of
> >millions of your genetic brothers and sisters from
> all
> >walks of life for absolutely no good reason, you
> too
> >might be a bit sensitive to political tracts that
> >suggest the eventual disappearance of what you
> might
> >view as your current literal or spiritual homeland.

> >BUT -

> >When that escalates Mike's personal frustration to
> the
> >point of suggesting "knocking (Roger's) teeth down
> >(his) throat," that's as far as it should go and
> >hopefully you both will realize that the whole idea
> of
> >the Ghetto and what went on there in the 60's was
> one
> >of a free forum where all ideas could have their
> day
> >and rise, fall or just sit there based upon their
> own
> >(perceived) merit.

> [...]

=====
The peace of the cosmos is infinite motion