Fwd: 501(c)(3) proposed legislation (affecting churches). Our federal government at work.

Jim Strong strongjim@yahoo.com
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 17:32:41 -0800 (PST)

The end of personal charity perhaps, but certainly not
corporate charity (which begins in the Homeland) ...
They say, for instanmce, Enron plans to continue heavy
political contributions to the Usual Suspects even
though "non essential" employees continue to get laid
off ...
Billy Jim

--- Frances Morey <Frances_Morey@excite.com> wrote:
> Could this signal the end of charity as we know it,
> like welfare under the
> Clinton administration?
> Frances
>

> On Mon, 03 Dec 2001 17:04:55 -0800, Jon Ford wrote:
>

> >  >From: "Don  Laird" <dlaird1@austin.rr.com>
> >  >To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:;>
> >  >Subject: 501(c)(3) proposed legislation
> (affecting churches).  Our
> federal
> >  >government at work.
> >  >Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 00:44:16 -0600
> >  >
> >  >
> >  > > ------- Forwarded message follows -------
> >  > > Date sent:      Sun, 2 Dec 2001 02:09:05
> -0600
> >  > > To:             libertyics@egroups.com
> >  > > From:           Skip W <jrwent@earthlink.net>
> >  > > Subject:        PROP: More Seizures
> Authorized Under "Anti-Terrorism"
> >  > > Legislation...
> >  > >
> >  > > >From: "John Dunham" <ddunham@sisqtel.net>
> >  > > >From: JDC
> >  > > >From: WILLIAM B ATWOOD
> [mailto:madd_professor@prodigy.net]
> >  > > >Sent: Sunday, November 25, 2001 11:33 PM
> >  > > >Subject: 501C now in jeapordy.
> >  > > >
> >  > > >  U.S. Government agencies will be able to
> seize assets of
> >  > > >citizens, 501C3 and other organizations and
> their members without
> ever
> >  > > >disclosing the evidence against their
> property. Government need only
> >  > > >allege that disclosing such evidence may
> compromise National
> security
> >  > > >and/or an ongoing investigation.
> >  > > >
> >  > > >Consider these items in the new Senate
> Terrorist Bill 1510: "MONEY
> >  > > >LAUNDERING ABATEMENT AND ANTI-TERRORIST
> FINANCING ACT OF 2001"
> >  > > >
> >  > > >Political Activists and Demonstrators should
> Zero in on S.1510. The
> >  > > >bill's provisions can be used to eradicate
> public dissent - - and
> you!
> >  > > >Under Senate Bill 1510, now being considered
> in the Senate as an
> >  > > >Anti-terrorism act:
> >  > > >
> >  > > >a.. An entire 501C3 organization or other
> organization, including
> its
> >  > > >members, can have their assets seized for
> supporting bodily acts or
> >  > > >international causes that the U.S. Secretary
> of State may deem
> >  >terrorist
> >  > > >activity. Political activities that were
> legal prior to S.1510 may
> >  > > >"RETROACTIVELY" be deemed terrorist activity
> by U.S. Government.
> >  > > >Participants and supporters may be charged
> with terrorist and other
> >  > > >offenses.
> >  > > >
> [...]
=== message truncated ===

=====
The peace of the cosmos is infinite motion