Mayors and Presidents

mbuttons mbuttons@gate.net
Mon, 03 Dec 2001 18:01:53 -0500

Hooray, hooray!

So happy to be wrong. ... and a landslide yet!

Another hooray for grassroots organization.

Last I heard here it was neck-and-neck when The Herald went to press with
the Sunday paper.

The Blacks here aren't very organized and are very fragmented what with
locals, Jamaicans, Haitians and other islanders ... and previous
displacement by the Cuban influx.

The Haitians got energized by the Elian Affair and managed to get a state
legislative rep elected in last November's infamous election. First one. Of
course he wasn't running against a Cuban, pardon me, Exile. Pleased to have
contributed a vote to him.

love
m-a

P.S. I sent the Miami version of the story --- come to think of it I haven't
seen it appear --- but it was an AP story, and thus lacked "local color."