fun and games at the airport

Michael Eisenstadt michaele@ando.pair.com
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 19:49:42 -0600

Frances Morey wrote:

> Yeah, but can bomb sniffing dogs also sniff for pot, too?
> I, for one, am glad that I haven't had occasion to fly lately.

friend of mine flew this week, he successfully transported
his dope stash in his wallet. apparently they dont look in
wallets.

i was at the airport also this week. no dogs. saw one
weedy young National Guardsman there - mustard weighed about
110 lbs. - with a rifle slung backwards over his right shoulder.

compare that with the soldiers in the Paris Metro where
the soldiers standing on the platforms keep their finger
on the trigger of their machine guns the guns pointed
slightly downward. walking in front of that gives you
quite a rush.