[MyAppleMenu] Oct 11, 2011

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Tue Oct 11 18:59:00 EDT 2011

**** Facebook For iPad Out Now <http://www.tuaw.com/2011/10/10/facebook-for-ipad-out-now/>
Mike Schramm, TUAW

**** How To Put A Menu Everywhere On Your Mac <http://noodlemac.com/2011/10/how-to-put-a-menu-everywhere-on-your-mac/>
Ron McElfresh, NoodleMac

How about if you could bring the Mac’s Menubar to the mouse pointer, regardless of where the pointer is on the screen? No more reaching across the screen to the Menubar. The Menubar comes to you.

**** State Of AirPlay Speakers <http://terrywhite.com/techblog/archives/8873>
Terry White

**** Dropping Safari For Chrome <http://www.macworld.com/article/162632/2011/10/dropping_safari_for_chrome.html#lsrc.rss_main>
Lex Friedman, Macworld

**** iTunes 10.5 Is Live <http://www.tuaw.com/2011/10/11/itunes-10-5-is-live/>
Megan Lavey-Heaton, TUAW

iTunes 10.5 introduces iCloud to the software along with automatic downloads. You can also download previous music, TV, app and book purchases again at no additional cost. Some previous purchases might not be available because they are no longer available through iTunes.

It also adds Wi-Fi syncing, which automatically syncs an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with iTunes any time they're both on the same Wi-Fi network, one of the key features of iOS 5.

**** Grocers Are Testing Smartphones <http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111903532804576568811114380144.html?mod=WSJ_Tech_LEFTTopNews>
Dana Mattioli, Wall Street Journal

Supermarkets—recognizing that many customers use their mobile telephones to compare prices and check lists as they shop—have begun to experiment with smartphone-related technology.

**** The Farmer <http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poem/242540>
W.d. Ehrhart, Poetry Foundation

**** The Baby <http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/poem/2011/10/poem_the_baby_by_joanie_mackowski.html>
Joanie Mackowski, Slate

**** Say 'No' To Cartels <http://www.todayonline.com/Voices/EDC111011-0000130/Say-no-to-cartels>
Francis Zhan, Association Of Management Corporations, Today

While the Association of Management Corporations in Singapore appreciates HOME's work in protecting foreign workers, many of whom work in our members' condominiums, we cannot remain silent to distorted arguments.

Doing so would allow cartels to be formed, with a resultant increase in prices when inflation is already reaching new heights. We applaud the Competition Commission of Singapore's action just as it acted previously with the pest control industry.

**** When A Govt Discriminates Against Its Own People <http://mysingaporenews.blogspot.com/2011/10/when-govt-discriminates-against-its-own.html>
Chua Chin Leng, My Singapore News

**** 'Give Opposition Enough Time To Speak', WP's Low Urges <http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_722025.html>
Toh Yong Chuan, Straits Times

Pointing to their relatively large presence in the new Parliament, he said this showed Singaporeans wanted the opposition 'to speak on their behalf without fear or favour'.

**** President Tony Tan Toeing PAP's Line <http://singapore-lighthouse.blogspot.com/2011/10/president-tony-tan-toeing-paps-line.html>
Singapore Social And Political Thoughts

**** Businessman Accuses Singapore Police Of Torture <http://news.ph.msn.com/regional/article.aspx?cp-documentid=5387461>
AFP