[MyAppleMenu] Aug 24, 2008

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sun Aug 24 13:15:01 EDT 2008

**** iTouched - Do Not Disturb <http://www.sunjournal.com/story/279883-3/bsection/iTouched__Do_not_disturb/>
by Mark LaFlamme, Sun Journal
If you get past her faults, she's quite alluring. How do I get room service?

**** Crowds Greet The Opening Of Fort Worth Apple Store <http://www.star-telegram.com/804/story/855709.html>
by Andrea Ahles, Star Telegram
Gap khakis at University Park Village have been replaced with iPhones and Macbooks.

**** Turning Point For Touch Screens <http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/24/technology/24proto.html?_r=1&ref=business&oref=slogin>
by Michael Fitzgerald, New York Times
Breakthroughs often beget other breakthroughs, and Apple's slick use of touch technology on its iPhone has set touch-screen makers to salivating.

**** The Butterfly Effect <http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/08/15/AR2008081502356.html?nav=rss_print/washpostmagazine>
by Dan Southerland, Washington Post
I paid the bill at exactly 5.52 p.m. (I've kept the receipt as a souvenir) and decided I might as well call it a day and head home &mdash; with the butterfly. I phoned my wife, Muriel, to ask her to put off the movie she had planned to go to and wait for me, because I'd be bringing a butterfly home.

**** Sex And The Olympic City <http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/olympics/article4582421.ece>
by Matthew Syed, The Times
I am often asked if the Olympic village - the vast restaurant and housing conglomeration that hosts the world's top athletes for the duration of the Games - is the sex-fest it is cracked up to be. My answer is always the same: too right it is.

**** Please Put A Sock In It - This Is A Library <http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2008/aug/24/4?gusrc=rss&feed=books>
by Hephzibah Anderson, The Guardian
Once as essential to libraries as books themselves, silence is now as elusive as that stolen copy of Lord of the Flies - except it hasn't been pinched, it's been driven out.

**** Singapore Eases Censorship Of Arts, With Limits <http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/08/24/asia/AS-Singapore-Easing-Censorship.php>
by Associated Press
The biennial Singapore Theatre Festival, which wraps up Sunday, showcased how artists here are taking advantage of relaxed government censorship to explore once taboo subjects &mdash; even, to some degree, the highly charged issues of race, religion and politics.

**** Lighter Touch Does Not Mean No Touch: Mah <http://www.straitstimes.com/News/Home/Story/STIStory_271370.html>
by Goh Chin Lian, Straits Times
Rules on what can and cannot be said and done at Speakers' Corner in Hong Lim Park will be made public tomorrow. Besides those typically imposed at parks in Singapore, the list will also include rules to ensure the country's multiracial and multi-religious society is not put at risk. This was disclosed by national development minister Mah Bow.

**** Finding The Equilibrium <http://singaporelifetimes.blogspot.com/2008/08/generation-b.html>
by Singapore Life And Times
Frankly, if you want to do something that will make a difference, it is no point taking 'baby steps' by just upping by a month more.