[MyAppleMenu] Oct 27, 2007

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sat Oct 27 13:15:01 EDT 2007

**** Apple UPdates iLife For Leopard <http://www.macworld.com/news/2007/10/26/ilife/index.php?lsrc=mwrss>
by Peter Cohen, Macworld

**** Adobe Outlines Its Leopard Compatibility <http://www.macworld.com/news/2007/10/26/adobelopard/index.php?lsrc=mwrss>
by Jim Dalyrmple, Macworld
Adobe said that most, but not all of its applications are compatible with Leopard without the need for an update.

**** Stupid Solutions To Stupid Problems: Get A Solid Color Menu Bar <http://www.macuser.com/tips/stupid_solutions_to_stupid_pro.php?lsrc=murss>
by Dan Moren, MacUser

**** What Happened To All The Missing iChat Effects? <http://www.macuser.com/software/what_happened_to_all_the_missi.php?lsrc=murss>
by Dan Moren, MacUser
Guess they used all of the alpha-channeling up on the freaking menu bar.

**** Apple's New Star: Mac Computer <http://www.siliconvalley.com/ci_7285824?nclick_check=1>
by Troy Wolverton, San Jose Mercury News
Since the name change, something funny has happened: The Mac business has been the star, as iPod sales have started to look a bit anemic.

**** Override Some Safari 3 Warning Dialogs <http://www.macworld.com/weblogs/macosxhints/2007/10/safari3/index.php?lsrc=mwrss>
by Rob Griffiths, Macworld

**** Leopard And My Mother's Mac <http://www.macworld.com/weblogs/editors/2007/10/familyfriendly/index.php?lsrc=mwrss>
by Christopher Breen, Macworld

**** I Believe In Murphy's Law <http://daringfireball.net/2007/10/murphys_law>
by John Gruber, Daring Fireball
Here's how I recommend installing major new OS releases for typical users.

**** Three Cheers For Apple's Employees <http://www.red-sweater.com/blog/426/three-cheers-for-apples-employees>
by Daniel Jalkut, Red Sweater Blog

**** Screen Sharing With Leopard Extends To Tiger <http://db.tidbits.com/article/9266>
by Glenn Fleishman, TidBITS

**** More Than Anything, Leopard Is Wish Fulfillment <http://theocacao.com/document.page/508>
by Scott steven, Theocacao
The experience in Leopard is one of discovering endless improvements everywhere.

**** Rain, Wind Don't Deter NYC's Leopard Hunters <http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9805512-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20>
by Caroline McCarthy, CNET News.com

**** Doing The Leopard Moan <http://db.tidbits.com/article/9265>
by Matt Neuburg, TidBITS
Let's all do the Leopard Moan. Yes, Time Machine is cool, Spaces is neat, but oh (moan!), the interface! What were these people /thinking/? Yes, you've got a rant inside you, waiting to howl to the moon, and so do I; it's a full moon right now, so let's take this opportunity to get it out of our systems (pun intended). Herewith, then, some things I just can't stand about Leopard.

**** What's Leopard Really Worth? <http://www.macworld.com/2007/10/features/leopard_pricing/index.php?lsrc=mwrss>
by Andy Ihnatko, Macworld
An a-la-carte look at the value of OS X's new features.

**** The Right To Use A Condom <http://mrwangsaysso.blogspot.com/2007/10/right-to-use-condom.html>
by Mr Wang Says So
If you think I am exaggerating the potential implications, let's examine where the Catholic line of thinking might take us. We don't have to use our imaingation here - real life examples are available.

**** Singapore: Stopover City <http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/main.jhtml?xml=/travel/2007/10/27/et-singapore-stopover-127.xml>
by Rosanna de Lisle, Telegraph
Assuming you have one full day, here are two suggestions of how to spend it, one tailored to the tired, the other to the wired.

**** Asian Currencies: Singapore Dollar, Ringgit Reach Decade Highs <http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601080&sid=aON5WELzv6gI>
by Aaron Pan and Ron Harui, Bloomberg

**** Non-Appeal Of 377A: Was It All A Blunder? <http://www.yawningbread.org/arch_2007/yax-800.htm>
by Au Waipang, Yawning Bread
The ministers and their civil servants reviewing the penal Code probably failed in 2003, and all the way to November 2006 when the consultation paper was released, to anticipate how fast Singapore society and the world was changing. They probably never imagined that the gay voice tha tthey summarily dismissed in January 2004 would within 3 years be a roar, with plenty of straight supporters too. Very likely, they failed to assign importance to the fact that other countries were moving well beyond repeal to non-discrimination laws and gay marriage, so that by comparison, keeping gay sex criminal would be seen almost like keeping slavery.

**** Govt Stance On Granite Stockpile Still Solid <http://www.straitstimes.com/Free/Story/STIStory_171016.html>
by Lim Wei Chean, Straits Times

**** Rivals Welcome - If Existing Carriers Not Affected: SIA <http://www.straitstimes.com/Free/Story/STIStory_171011.html>
by Karamjit Kaur, Straits Times
Singapore Airlines welcomes competition on the Singaore-Kuala Lumpur sector - as long as it is not at the expense of the incumbent carriers on the route.

**** Discrimination Enshrined In Law <http://www.straitstimes.com/ST%2BForum/Story/STIStory_171024.html>
by Wong Suan Yin, Straits Times
We have given in to pressure from vocal religious groups.

**** No 'Maybe's, Police Action Should Be Sound <http://www.straitstimes.com/ST%2BForum/Story/STIStory_171039.html>
by Law Sin Ling, Straits Times
If indeed the police had made a mistake, it should be stated as such, accompanied by a sincere apology. Otherwise, the police should firmly justify their action and eliminate the 'maybe' from their explanation.

**** Stop All Arms Sales To Myanmar <http://www.straitstimes.com/ST%2BForum/Story/STIStory_171025.html>
by Png Eng Huat, Straits Times
Putting any kind of weapon in the hands of a repressive regime that does not discern between civilian and military targets is a bad call.

**** No Double Payment Of GST By Condo Owners <http://www.straitstimes.com/ST%2BForum/Story/STIStory_171027.html>
by Yvonne Yim Seon Young, Inland Revenue Authority Of Singapore, Straits Times
GST-registered persons have to charge and account for GST at the earliest happening of one of three events, viz., when the service is provided, or when the payment is received or when the tax invoice is issued.

**** Is SIngapore Getting Too Crowded? <http://www.todayonline.com/articles/218950.asp>
by Mayo Martin, Today
Or are we just finding it difficult to live with others?