[MyAppleMenu] Jan 2, 2007

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Tue Jan 2 13:15:00 EST 2007

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/>
Mac news for Mac people

[News]

*** Marketer Of The Year: Apple Computer
<http://publications.mediapost.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=Articles.showArticleHomePage&art_aid=53218>
Karlene Lukovitz, MediaPost Publications

If there's a recipe for success in the relentlessly churning PC and digital entertainment industries, it may go something like this: Combine innovative, consumer-friendly technology with sleek design. Add impeccably crafted, integrated branding and marketing strategies. Stir and serve... quickly.

*** Pre Macworld Expo, Apple Website Promises More
<http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/index.cfm?RSS&newsID=16814>
Jonny Evans, Macworld UK

The home page of Apple's US website promises more innovation in 2007.

*** QuickTime Flaw Kicks Off Month of Apple Bugs
<http://www.privacydigest.com/2007/01/01.html#a7941>
Privacy Digest

*** Apple's New iPod Could Bolster Music Dominance
<http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/technology/2007-01-01-apple-usat_x.htm>
Jon Swartz, USA Today

After absolving its current management team of any wrongdoing in an ongoing stock-options scandal, Apple shifts its attention to next week's Macworld conference in San Francisco, and the much-speculated unveiling of an iPod with cellphone-like features.

*** Net Applications: Apple's Mac Market Share Continues Rise, Hits 5.67% In December 2006
<http://macdailynews.com/index.php/weblog/comments/12098/>
MacDailyNews

*** The Year In Mac Development
<http://theocacao.com/document.page/396>
Theocacao

There's never been a better time to make Mac software,and who knows when an opportunity like this will come along again. So just do the best work you can and don't worry about what everyone else says.

[Opinion]

*** Apple's Rotting Core?
<http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2007/01/02/apples-rotting-core.aspx>
Rich Duprey, Motley Fool

Will Steve Jobs be able to survive Apple's backdating scandal? More importantly, should he be allowed to survive?

*** So I'm Marrying A Mac Geek...
<http://www.bynkii.com/macgeek/>
Bynkii.com

So, I'm marrying a Mac Geek. He hates that I call him that, but he is, and he knows it. So he can suck it up.

*** Apple Trying To Avoid A Train Wreck
<http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=4204>
Dan Farber, ZDNet

Some companies are choosing to avoid the potential train wreck by removing top executives, but Apple has the former almost President of the United States saying Steve's OK.

*** Apple's Omnious Website Graphic
<http://www.webomatica.com/wordpress/2007/01/01/apples-ominous-website-graphic/>
Webomatica

I'm just dreaming. I'm sure no matter what, 2007 will be an awesome year for Apple.

*** The Battle For The Digital Home: Does Apple Or Microsoft Win?
<http://news.digitaltrends.com/talkback161.html>
Rob Enderle, Digital Trends

*** No Gold Watches For Many At Apple
<http://viewfromthemountain.typepad.com/applepeels/2007/01/no_gold_watches.html>
Applepeels

In most cases someone moves on, finds another job in the same or similar profession and all is well. Somehow being an Apple employee makes it a little harder.

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/tomorrow/>

[News]

*** Using Web Cams But Few Inhibitions, The Young Turn To Risky Social Sites
<http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/02/technology/02net.html?ex=1325394000&en=0e30667407aaede3&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss>
Brad Stone, New York Times

*** The Unedited Voice Of A Person
<http://www.scripting.com/2007/01/01.html#theUneditedVoiceOfAnPerson>
Dave Winer, Scripting News

If it was one voice, unedited, not determined by group-think -- then it was a blog, no matter what form it took.

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/reader/>
The other things in life

[Tech & Science]

*** Free Will: Now You Have It, Now You Don't
<http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/02/science/02free.html?ex=1325394000&en=7d7a58876163384d&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss>
Dennis Overbye, New York Times

Physicists, neuroscientists and computer scientists have joined the heirs of Plato and Aristotle in arguing about what free will is, whether we have it, and if not, why we ever thought we did in the first place.

[Life]

*** How To Operate The Shower Curtain
<http://www.newyorker.com/shouts/content/articles/070108sh_shouts>
Ian Frazier, New Yorker

*** When Bad Things Come From 'Good' Food
<http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/02/health/nutrition/02seco.html?_r=1&8dpc&oref=slogin>
Denise Grady, New York Times

These days, shopping in the produce aisle feels like a gamble. If you don't pick a winner, the costs could be high.

[Expressions]

*** Bear Meat
<http://www.newyorker.com/fiction/content/articles/070108fi_fiction>
Primo Levi, New Yorker

*** Self-Portrait As Alcibiades
<http://www.slate.com/id/2153632/fr/rss/>
J.D. McClatchy, Slate

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/singapore/>
Life in the city

[News]

*** Singapore Calls For More Interfaith Dialogue
<http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v3/news.php?id=239232>
Jackson Sawatan, Bernama

Singapore has called for a more interfaith dialogue amid concern that increased religious fervour among Singaporeans might lead to "a sense of exclusivity" that hinders understanding and interaction between faiths.

[Opinion]

*** Settle Question Of HDB Subsidy Once And For All
<http://straitstimes.asiaone.com/portal/site/STI/menuitem.c2aef3d65baca16abb31f610a06310a0/?vgnextoid=7532758920e39010VgnVCM1000000a35010aRCRD&vgnextfmt=vgnartid:6ab0f44a61edf010VgnVCM100000430a0a0aRCRD>
Leong Sze Hian, Straits Times

How can we tell whether HDB prices are 'at market price' without a breakdown of land and construction costs for comparison purposes?

The Shuffle by MyAppleMenu
<http://www.myapplemenu.com/podcast/>
Life is random. More tunes, less talk.

[Tunes]

*** This Is The First Track, The Beginnings Of Music
<http://www.comfortstand.com/catalog/015/index.html>
Otis Fodder
<http://ia331338.us.archive.org/1/items/csr015/csr015_otis-fodder_01_this-is-the-first-track.mp3>