[MyAppleMenu] Feb 18, 2006

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sat Feb 18 13:15:00 EST 2006

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/>
Mac news for Mac people

[News]

*** Two Mac User Sites Shut Down For Possible Copyright Violation
<http://www.aberdeennews.com/mld/siliconvalley/rss/13900819.htm?source=rss&channel=siliconvalley_rss>
Associated Press

Two busy web sites that focus on Apple's Mac OS X operating system went silent Friday just days after they featured links to information on how to hack the software and run it on non-Apple PCs.

*** Mac OS X On PC Site Accused Of Copyright Violation
<http://www.macworld.com/news/2006/02/17/osx86/index.php>
Peter Cohen, Macworld

[Opinion]

*** Autofill For Everyone
<http://playlistmag.com/weblogs/ipodblog/2006/02/autofill/index.php>
Dan Frakes, Playlist

Unlike many of the "I wish the iPod could..." requests I hear, I can't think of a downside to making Autofill available for other models.

[Review]

*** Replace iPhoto's Photocast Announcement
<http://www.macworld.com/weblogs/macosxhints/2006/02/photocast/index.php>
Rob Griffiths, Macworld

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/tomorrow/>

[News]

*** Here Comes A Google For Coders
<http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,70219-0.html?tw=rss.index>
Dylan Tweney, Wired News

A new search engine for programmers promises to make it easier to find and share code.

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/reader/>
The other things in life

[Life]

*** I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do
<http://www.slate.com/id/2136453/>
Tim Harford, Slate

The economic case for polygamy.

[Expressions]

*** Go
<http://www.latimes.com/features/magazine/west/la-tm-calstory8feb19,1,5098368.story?coll=la-headlines-west>
Marci Vogel, Los Angeles Times

We drive a lot. We don't go anywhere in particular; we just drive. Or so it seems. To tell the real truth, Victor does the driving. I sit in the passenger seat and watch the white line on the side of the road.

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/singapore/>
Life in the city

[News]

*** Fee Hike: NUS Meets Students
<http://www.todayonline.com/articles/101787.asp>
Cheow Xin Yi, Today

*** Singapore Court Jails Two Men For Internet Music Piracy
<http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2006/2/18/apworld/20060218114838&sec=apworld>
Associated Press

Two men were jailed in Singapore for illegally sharing hundreds of music files over the internet, local media reported Saturday.

*** Three Telcos To Take Action Against mTouche
<http://www.todayonline.com/articles/101784.asp>
Lee U-Wen, Today

Thousands of mobile phone subscribers could have been hit by a billing glitch from a content provider -- mTouche -- for unsolicited festive SMS greetings.

*** $2.6b Help Package For All
<http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/free/story/0,6418,371957,00.html?>
Lydia Lim, Straits Times

Goodies worth $2.6 billion were unwrapped yesterday in a budget that had something for everyone, but particularly those who need it most -- the young, the old, the poor and unskilled workers.

[Opinion]

*** NUS Fee Increase Due To Rising Costs
<http://www.todayonline.com/articles/101773.asp>
Tan Chorh Chuan, Natinonal University of Singapore, Today

We need to take into account the fact that manpower cost comprises about 70 per cent of our operating costs and the university has to pay internationally competitive salaries to retain and recruit quality academic staff.

*** I'm No Economist, But...
<http://atypicalsingaporean.blogspot.com/2006/02/im-no-economist-but.html>
Atypical Singaporean

[Technology]