[MyAppleMenu] Feb 5, 2006

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sun Feb 5 13:15:01 EST 2006

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/>
Mac news for Mac people

[Opinion]

*** Opening Up iTunes U
<http://www.infoworld.com/article/06/02/01/74855_06OPstrategic_1.html>
Jon Udell, InfoWorld

Apple's walled-garden approach places unnecessary limitations on its online educational content.

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/tomorrow/>

[News]

*** Our Internet, Up For Grabs
<http://citmedia.org/blog/2006/02/04/our-internet-up-for-grabs/>
Dan Gillmor, Center For Citizen Media

The future is being written by lobbyists and CEOs who believe the internet is theirs, not ours. If they get away with this, we are in deep, deep trouble.

*** Postage Is Due For Companies Sending E-Mail
<http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/05/technology/05AOL.html?ex=1296795600&en=6efa03d0cbface9e&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss>
Saul Hansell, New York Times

America Online and Yahoo are about to start using a controversial system that gives preferential treatment to messages from companies that pay from 1/4 of a cent to a penny each to have them delivered. The snders must contact only people who have agreed to receive their messages, or risk being blocked entirely.

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/reader/>
The other things in life

[Life]

*** Guy Walks Into A Bar
<http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/05/opinion/05sun4.html?ex=1296795600&en=5439f36cccc6459b&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss>
Nicolas Kulish, New York Times

Call me a hard-liner or party pooper, but I say 21 means 21. No more babies in bars.