[MyAppleMenu] Apr 28, 2006

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Fri Apr 28 13:15:00 EDT 2006

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/>
Mac news for Mac people

[News]

*** French DRM Law Gets Ugly - Protest May 7/2PM Place De La bastille
<http://www.boingboing.net/2006/04/28/french_drm_law_gets_.html>
Cory Doctorow, Boing Boing

A French proposal to change the way DRM is protected under law has been hijacked by entertainment companies and DRM vendors, and now promises to be one of the worst DRM laws in the world... "There's bad news for a revolutionary proposal (Article 7) that requires DRM makers to allow anyone to build interoperable technology. This was strenuously objected to by Apple and the US department of Commerce but it was unanimously voted in at the last moment during the first meeting. Now it stands to be completely neutered."

*** Shareholders Take Stock Of Apple
<http://news.com.com/2100-1047_3-6066080.html?part=rss&tag=6066080&subj=news>
Tom Krazit, CNET News.com

Apple CEO Steve Jobs defended his company's environmental practices during the annual shareholder meeting, but also took time to reflect on market share and the Mac maker's transition to Intel chips.

[Review]

*** Avernum 4
<http://www.macworld.com/2006/04/reviews/avernum4/index.php?lsrc=mwrss>
Peter Cohen, Macworld

Avernum 4 is old-school RPG gaming at its finest.

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/singapore/>
Life in the city

[Election Talk]

*** Elections: Of Course The PAP!
<http://coan.blogspot.com/2006/04/elections-of-course-pap.html>
Sudhir Thomas Vadaketh, Musings From Singapore

"I am worried that if I vote for anybody else, the government will check my serial number and blacklist me."

*** Question Time!
<http://atypicalsingaporean.blogspot.com/2006/04/question-time.html>
Atypical Singaporean

Where are all the opposition parties' photos on Channel News Asia?

*** Local Media Waging A Campaign Against SDP
<http://singaporeelection.blogspot.com/2006/04/local-media-waging-campaign-against.html>
Ling How Doong and Chee Soon Juan, Singapore Election Watch

The reports about Mr Ling How Doong saying that Dr Chee Soon Juan should be sacked as Secretary-General of the SDP is completely untrue.

*** First World?
<http://burgersandurians.blogspot.com/2006/04/first-world.html>
Burgers And Durians

A sense of superiority is something that I'm sure the PAP identifies with quite easily, but I'm kinda disappointed that some opposition candidates have also fallen into using the same language in response, instead of critiquing it.

*** Vote PAP = Price Hike
<http://singaporeelection.blogspot.com/2006/04/vote-pap-price-hike.html>
Singapore Election Watch

[Opinion]

*** And Progress For Our Nation...
<http://www.mrbrown.com/blog/2006/04/and_progress_fo.html>
mr brown

Singaporeans united in spending their Progress Package aka Free Gahmen Marnie.

The Shuffle by MyAppleMenu
<http://www.myapplemenu.com/podcast/>
Life is random. More tunes, less talk.

[Tunes]