[MyAppleMenu] Jul 20, 2005

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Wed Jul 20 13:15:01 EDT 2005

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/>
Mac news for Mac people

[News]

*** Apple Now Limitng Bandwidth On .Mac Accounts
<http://www.macminute.com/2005/07/20/dot-mac-bandwidth/>
MacMinute

Users are now limited to 3GB of bandwidth per month, with an upgrade option of 10GB data transfer per month for US$49.95 per year.

*** iTunes Worm Is Windows Spyware Threat
<http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/index.cfm?RSS&NewsID=12126>
Jonny Evans, Macworld UK

A new worm poses as an ITunes file and is spreading using AOL Instant Messenger. While it does not affect Mac users, it does affect most breeds of the Windows OS.

*** Apple To Open Retail Store In Victor, New York
<http://www.macminute.com/2005/07/19/apple-store-victor-ny/>
MacMinute

[Opinion]

*** Want Your Face On The Back of Your iPod?
<http://www.untangledlife.com/wibrary/2005/07/19/want-your-face-on-the-back-of-your-ipod/>
Untangled Life

*** Why I Both Love And Hate My iPod
<http://www.geekrant.org/2005/07/20/love-hate-ipod/>
Geek Rant dot org

If I had the choice over again, I'd buy another brand.

*** Microsoft Employees Are Making The Switch To OS X
<http://www.thoughtblog.com/2005/04/22/24/>
Thoughtblog.com

Knowing what [Microsoft is] going to bring out in 3 years is not that important to me in my life anymore.

*** WIFM -- The Favorite Station To Listen To And Watch
<http://www.ktoddstorch.com/business/2005/07/wifm__the_favor.html>
ktoddstorch @ business thoughts

A I thought more about this, I realise that all of us are watching and listening to only one station: WIFM. You know, *W*hat's *I*n it *F*or *M*e.

[Review]

*** What Is Preview? (And Why You Should Use it)
<http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2005/07/19/preview.html>
Giles Turnbull, O'Reilly Network

Here's a quick guide to some of the useful chores you can accomplish with this software.

*** My Favorite Macworld Product: The IRISPen
<http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2005/07/19/macworld.html>
Adam Goldstein, O'Reilly Network

*** Microsoft Sues Over Google Hire
<http://news.com.com/Microsoft+sues+over+Google+hire/2100-1014_3-5795051.html?part=rss&tag=5795051&subj=news>
Ina Fried, CNET News.com

Opening a new chapter in its rivalry with Google, Microsoft on Tuesday sued the search giant and a former Microsoft executive who has been tapped by Google to run its China operations.

*** Get Creative With Curio
<http://www.onlineideabuzz.com/2005/07/get_creative_wi.html>
Online Idea Buzz

The big benefit of Curio is that it lets you see your "stuff" in one place.

[Sidetrack]

*** Motorola Gets Steve Jobs' Blessing To Launch iPhone?
Heng-Cheong Leong

Watch for it, this July 25th. AppleInsider sources said that Motorola will unveil <http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=1189> "what's wow and what's now."

*** The Oldest Mac Switcher
Heng-Cheong Leong

Ladies and gentlemen, meet the oldest Mac switcher <http://theory.isthereason.com/?p=283>.

Of course, I'll now get tons of emails from other older folks. :-)

*** A Singapore Favorite
Heng-Cheong Leong

This <http://www.flickr.com/photos/daveysarge/27297604/> is one of Singapore's favorite breakfast item: half-boiled egg with soy sauce and pepper. You stir it up, and eat/drink it all.

It's my favorite too, if you really want to know.

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/tomorrow/>

[News]

*** 4GB Mobile Phone Just Around The Corner
<http://news.zdnet.co.uk/hardware/storage/0,39020366,39209711,00.htm>
Colin Barker, ZDNet UK

*** The New Face Of IBM
<http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/13.07/lenovo.html>
Kevin Maney, Wired

China's biggest IT brand wants to go global. So it bought the PC division -- and the world-class management -- of an American icon. Who says being "oceans apart" is a bad thing?

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/reader/>
The other things in life

[Life]

*** Life's Highway
<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/07/19/AR2005071901747.html?nav=rss_print/style>
Lonnae O'Neal Parker, Washington Post

Along a well-traveled road, a young widow marks the spot where her memories lie.

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/singapore/>
Life in the city

[Opinion]

*** Digital Life On Bloggers.SG
<http://www.mrbrown.com/blog/2005/07/digital_life_on.html>
mr brown

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, you are witnessing the first time the cb word being used in a local paper.

The Shuffle by MyAppleMenu
<http://www.myapplemenu.com/podcast/>
Life is random. More tunes, less talk.

[Tunes]