[MyAppleMenu] Dec 11, 2004

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sat Dec 11 13:15:00 EST 2004

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/>
Mac news for Mac people

[Top Stories]

*** PayPal Now Accepted At iTunes Music Store
<http://www.macminute.com/2004/12/10/paypal/>
MacMinute

Starting today, customers can use their PayPal account to pay at the store with a credit card, bank account or stored account balance.

[News]

*** iPods, Accessories Show Apple Still Going Strong
<http://www.macnewsworld.com/story/38782.html>
Graham Rogers, Bangkok Post

*** Walter Kozlov: Paper Chase
<http://www.apple.com/pro/design/kozlov/>
Joe Cellini, Apple

"Nearly everyone in Sir Speedy Corporate uses Macs, which means I can spend less time training new corporate employees and more time in the field helping franchisees."

*** Randi Cornan: Macs At The End Of The Runway
<http://www.apple.com/pro/photo/coran/>
Barbara Gibson, Apple

"The whole point is to let photographers do what they do best -- get great quality images. We don't want them ever to worry about the technology."

*** Mariner Intros 'Fridge Poetry' App Desktop Poet
<http://www.macworld.com/news/2004/12/10/desktoppoet/index.php/?lsrc=mcrss-1204>
Brad Cook, MacCentral

*** MarsEdit Makes Blogging 'Like Writing E-Mail'
<http://www.macworld.com/news/2004/12/10/marsedit/index.php/?lsrc=mcrss-1204>
Brad Cook, MacCentral

Ranchero Software on Friday released MarsEdit 1.0, which the developer says "make Weblog writing like writing e-mail."

*** The iPod PowerStick
<http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000460023254/>
Peter Rojas, Engadget

The $20.99 iPod PowerStick is the latest external battery pack designed to keep the music going just a little longer.

*** Apple To Open Mini Store In St. Louis Next Week
<http://www.macminute.com/2004/12/10/st-louis-mini-store/>
MacMinute

[Opinion]

*** Mac Mags
<http://www.macopinion.com/columns/tangible/04/12/10/index.html>
Marc Zeedar, MacOPINION

It's cool that Mac magazines are still around. It's cool that there are tons of Mac websites as well. I want both to succeed because each serve a different purpose and reach a different audience.

[Review]

*** Finally, A Desktop With Great Guts
<http://www.freep.com/money/tech/mwend-bar110e_20041210.htm>
Mike Wendland, Detroit Free Press

This is the finest personal computer I've ever used, hands down. Nothing comes close.

*** Hacking Radio On The Mac
<http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2004/12/10/radio_shark.html>
Wei-Meng Lee, O'Reilly Network

It is not possible to listen to the radio with an iPod. But there are some other nifty ways to get the radio on your Mac. You can then record and copy it onto your iPod. In this article, I will show you how to listen to and record radio on the Mac.

*** Apple iPod Mini: Is Apple Doing Enough To Retain Its MP3 Crown?
<http://www.computeractive.co.uk/products/hardware/1160001>
Computeractive

The iPod mini is certainly a desirable product.

[Wintel]

*** New File System Has Long Road To Windows
<http://news.com.com/New+file+system+has+long+road+to+Windows/2100-1016_3-5487641.html?part=rss&tag=5487641&subj=news.1016.20>
Ina Fried, CNET News.com

Although Microsoft hopes to ship a test version of WinFS in late 2006, it could be several more years before the revamped storage mechanism finds its way into Windows Server.

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/tomorrow/>

[Top Stories]

*** Is This Software On Your Hard Drive?
<http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6689667/site/newsweek/>
Brad Stone, Newsweek

How one of the Internet's largest and most secretive adware companies really operates. With new regulations coming, will it really reform?

[News]

*** The Gadget Gap: Why Does All The Cool Stuff Come Out In Asia First?
<http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/g/archive/2004/12/09/gadgetgap.DTL&type=tech>
Jeff Yang, San Franciso Chronicle

Call it the gadget gap or the device deficit -- call it what you will, as long as you recognize that, where cool high-tech stuff is concerned, America is light-years behind its counterparts in the Far East.